Events & Presentations
December 6, 2022- Yesteryear Christmas Home School and Distance Learners (Age 5-7)
Date(s) - 06/12/2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join other local home schoolers and distance learners in this special in-person session of Yesteryear Christmas.
Journey back through time and experience Christmas a hundred years ago. Students will explore toys and games of yesteryear, learn different winter traditions and celebrations, and listen to a Christmas story. Due to ongoing construction, students will see how a typical mining family lived and celebrated the season with a virtual Miner’s Cottage tour, supported by interactive artifacts. Students will make a seasonal craft item to take home and will also enjoy festive goodies to eat.
This is a 90-minute, in-person program that takes place at Nanaimo Museum.
Are you a teacher? This program is also available to book for up to three K-3 classes together, from November 30-December 15th! Visit the Yesteryear Christmas School Program page for more info, and to book.
Pre-registration is required
- Only registered learners will receive program supplies and snack.
- If your child has food allergies, please bring a small snack (a cookie or granola bar).
- Caregiver(s) must be present at all times.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable for other program dates, except in specific cases:
- If you, your learner, or anyone in your household feel ill, are subject to a public health order to self-isolate, or are waiting for a COVID-19 test result, please do not attend this program.
- If fewer than 5 learners register, this program will not proceed. In this case, a refund will be issued.
The Nanaimo Museum is a non-profit society, and all ticket proceeds go directly back into funding for programs like this one. Thank you!
COVID-19/Communicable Disease Precautions
If you, your learner, or anyone in your household feel ill, are subject to a public health order to self-isolate, or have a positive COVID-19 test result, please do not attend this program.
We highly recommend masks for all guests, as the Museum is a public and tourist attraction. Hand hygiene will be maintained by the learners, caregivers, guests, and staff members throughout your visit.
Public Health Orders are changing frequently. Requirements and availability of in-person school visits are subject to change. We will be in touch with registrants to update you as needed.
Although online payment is made through PayPal, a PayPal account is not required, only a credit card or debit card. Please note that there will be no physical ticket issued. Your spot in this program is confirmed once you have the PayPal transaction confirmation. Registration can also be made over the phone or in person.
If you have difficulties with the online system, please call the front desk during business hours (10-4, Tues-Sat) for assistance: 250-753-1821.
Bookings are closed for this event.