Events & Presentations
Home School Series: Yesteryear Christmas (Ages 5-7) – December 7, 2023
Date(s) - 07/12/2023
9:30 am - 11:00 am
Thursday, December 7, 2023. 9:30-11:00am
Cost: $8 per learner
Join other local home learners for this special session of the Yesteryear Christmas program.
Journey back through time and experience Christmas a hundred years ago. Learners will explore toys and games of yesteryear, learn different winter traditions and celebrations, and listen to a Christmas story. Due to ongoing construction, learners will see how a typical mining family lived and celebrated the season with a virtual Miner’s Cottage tour, supported by interactive artifacts. Learners will make a seasonal craft item to take home and will also enjoy festive goodies to eat.
This is a 90-minute, in-person program that takes place at Nanaimo Museum.
Pre-registration is required
- Only registered learners will receive program supplies and a small snack.
- If your child has food allergies, please bring a small snack (a cookie or granola bar, juice box).
- At least one adult caregiver must be present at all times.
- Masks are recommended. Hand hygiene will be maintained by learners, caregivers, guests, and staff members throughout your visit.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable for other program dates, except in specific cases:
- If you, your learner, or anyone in your household feels ill with symptoms of a communicable disease, please do not attend this program.
- If fewer than 5 learners register, this program may not proceed. In this case, a refund will be issued.
The Nanaimo Museum is a non-profit society, and all ticket proceeds go directly back into funding for programs like this one. Thank you!
Although online payment is made through PayPal, a PayPal account is not required, only a credit card or debit card. Please note that there will be no physical ticket issued. Your spot in this program is confirmed once you have the PayPal transaction confirmation. Registration can also be made over the phone or in person.
If you have difficulties with the online system, please call the front desk during business hours (10-4, Tues-Sat) for assistance: 250-753-1821.