Events & Presentations
Bubble Buddies Program
Date(s) - 02/05/2021 - 30/09/2021
Bubble Buddies Program
The Nanaimo Museum is excited to offer a new in-depth museum visitor experience – the Bubble Buddies program. You will be met by one of our staff members and accompanied throughout your visit for a special one on one museum experience. This is a unique experience to explore the museum with an exclusive guide who can answer your history questions one on one, who can show you items not normally on display, or can share behind the scenes stories.
- There is one Bubble Buddies slot available each day, Tuesday – Saturday at 10:00am
- The museum will be closed to general admission during your visit and you will only share the gallery with other Bubble Buddy program participants.
- You can visit alone, or with any other members of your “bubble”, group size can be up to 6 people. At this time there is only (1) group ticket per time slot.
- Your experience will be 45 minutes long.
- Admission is by donation; book your free ticket online or by phone and then make a donation in cash or by card when you arrive.
Due to the most recent BC health order guidelines, please do not book a visit unless you are a resident of Vancouver Island. We look forward to welcoming you back when the travel restrictions have lifted.
- Bubble Buddy slots are only available to book online, and must be booked by 9am that day in order to ensure staff are available.
- The public washrooms are closed for the time being.
- We ask that all guests wear a mask for their visit. If you don’t have one we can supply you with one.
- Your guide will remain 6 feet away from you at all times and will be wearing a mask.
- Visitors are encouraged to arrive on time. Missed entry time: Your visit is a max of 45 minutes long to ensure time for cleaning between groups – if your group is late you will still be permitted inside, but the visit will be shorter as it will still end at the originally scheduled time.
- Booking a spot does not generate a physical ticket. Please check-in at the front desk at your appointed time and we will check you in using your name.
How to Book:
- Navigate to our Events & Presentations page to find the program and tour date you are looking for: *Slots are listed by date and program name – you will need to scroll down the list to find the date you would like to book
- After you select your Bubble Buddy event date, an event page will open. Scroll to the bottom and enter your contact information in the registration form. You’ll receive an auto-confirmation email upon registration.
- Then, simply show up at your selected time and check-in at the front desk!
- Please call 250-753-1821 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns