Events & Presentations
Date(s) - 25/06/2020 - 27/06/2020
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Visit the museum gallery by signing up for predetermined time slots! You can register here for free, timed admission, self-guided visits. Here are the details:
- Self guided visits are only available during certain times. In June we are offering self-guided times every half hour between 11:00am – 3:30pm on Thursday June 25 – Saturday June 27. Expanded hours will be available in July.
- Please register below for your preferred visit time. Drop-in visitors will only be accommodated on a case-by-case basis as capacity allows. Selecting your admission time online ensures your entry.
- Booking a spot does not generate a physical ticket. Please check in at the front desk at your appointed time and we will admit you using your name.
- You will need (1) ticket per person in your group, including children.
- Admission is FREE until September 18th thanks to a generous donation by the Stanley de Vos Fund at the Nanaimo Foundation.
- The Coal Mine exhibit and Refuge Canada will be closed, but can be accessed if accompanied by the docent. Please be patient and wait for the docent to access these areas.
- Groups over (4) or those having trouble finding a time slot with enough space for your group, please contact us at 250-753-1821 to book.
- Please maintain 6 ft/ 2 m distance between you and other guests. Guests who fail to maintain social distance will be asked to leave.
- We ask that all guests wear a mask for their visit. If you don’t have one we can supply you with one.
- Please do not touch any of the exhibits or interactives. Feel free to ask the docent to help you access these elements.
- Children must be kept within arm’s reach at all times.
- Be aware the public washrooms are closed for the time being.
- Visitors are encouraged to arrive on time. The recommended visit time is between 30 and 60 minutes. Missed entry time: you will not be permitted into the galleries and asked to wait until the next available entry time.
Self-Guided time slots for June 2020:
- Thursday, June 25th – Saturday, June 27th (11am-4pm)
- Every half-hour starting at 11:00am. Last slot 3:30pm.
- More slots available in July – check back next week!
Bookings are closed for this event.