Events & Presentations
Haunted Coal Mine – Museum of the Upside Down
Date(s) - 27/10/2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Welcome, tricksters and treaters! Our coal mine has been turned into the Upside Down, inspired by the Netflix show, Stranger Things, and it’s your task to explore it, without getting too scared! You’ll encounter cobwebs and tree roots, slime and ShadowBeasts, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll run into a fearsome Demogorgon! All this and more before you escape through the portal back into the regular world. This is the second event in the Kids Celebrate! Saturdays series.
The Haunted Coal Mine runs on Saturday, October 27th :
- 10:00am-11:00am: Sensory Friendly hour! All the coal mine lights will be on, flashing lights will be off, music will be playing softly, and no jump scares. Perfect for children who may be sensitive to loud noises, flashing lights, and unexpected movements.
- 11:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-3:00pm: Haunted Museum of the Upside Down! We’re pulling out all the stops! Lights, sounds, and jump scares – just what you’re looking for in a Halloween haunt.
- 12:30pm-1:00pm: Lunch break. Haunting’s hard work, y’all! Our staff will take a quick break and get right back to the Halloween fun!
The fun doesn’t end after you’ve escaped the Upside Down:
- Take a Spooky Selfie in the Kids Celebrate! exhibit, and find out more about Halloween! Available 10am-5pm Saturday, October 27th.
- Make a Halloween Mask in the Kids Celebrate! exhibit!
- Go on a Halloween Hunt, looking for all the Halloween and Stranger Things pictures hidden around the gallery to enter a draw! Available October 1st through October 31st. Draw on November 8th.
- Costumed trick-or-treaters will receive a Halloween treat!
Haunted Coal Mine – Museum of the Upside Down is a family event and children must be accompanied by an adult. Please note some children may find this event frightening. There may be flashing lights in use and the event will have dark spaces and jump scares. This program is free of charge.
Also happening on Saturday, October 27th: Halloween in the Old City Quarter! Visit their website for more details. www.oldcityquarter.com/