Events & Presentations
Haunted Coal Mine: Murder Alley
Date(s) - 26/10/2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Victorian Murder Alley Haunted Coal Mine
October 26 10:00am – 3:00pm
Enter the dark, dangerous underworld of Victorian London in this year’s Haunted Coal Mine! Costumed (or not!) visitors ages 5-95 will encounter shady characters, bloody brick walls and plenty of scares!
The Haunted Coal Mine runs on Saturday, October 26th:
- 10:00-11:00am & 12:30-1:00pm : Sensory Friendly times! All the coal mine lights will be on, flashing lights will be off, sounds will be playing softly, and no jump scares. Perfect for children or any visitors who may be sensitive to loud noises, flashing lights, and unexpected movements.
- 11:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-3:00pm: Murder Alley Haunted Coal Mine! We’re pulling out all the stops! Lights, sounds, and jump scares – just what you’re looking for in a Halloween haunt.
- 10:00am-5:00pm: Cozy Halloween Corner! Wait for your friends and family to exit the mine in our Cozy Halloween Corner. Read a book, take a selfie, colour, or just relax while listening to the screams (and some spooky music!).
The spooky fun doesn’t end after you’ve escaped the alley:
- Go on a Halloween Rat Hunt, looking for all the rats infesting the gallery to win a small prize! This is available opening hours from October 1st through October 31st in the gallery.
- Costumed trick-or-treaters will receive a Halloween treat, while supplies last!
Both the Haunted Coal Mine and the Halloween Hunt are included in admission by donation on this date.
Murder Alley Haunted Coal Mine is a family event and children must be accompanied by an adult. Note: this display may include the use of a fog machine. The Haunted Coal Mine experience may be frightening for some visitors of all ages. Jump scares, flashing lights, fake blood, and loud noises are part of this display.
Also happening on Saturday, October 26th: Halloween in the Old City Quarter! Visit their website for more details. www.oldcityquarter.com/